A poem a day in April from Rutgers English PhD students and friends.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

No Subject

I thought I can't be a mother because I can't stop being a subject.Maybe that's what the nut over your heart is for, to stop the arrow of that obliterating love.

But they always remind you it also means subject to. The love that makes me visible

I always tell the story of when I first knew, and it was in the presence of lovers
that particular she and I. I was lying on the zebra rug and I said wait maybe it's not my story
like the time I saw all the cosmos unfolding and I was OK with it for some reason

So that happened! So why not get rid of it for good?
No hard blue shell, just zap yourself, just float out

I dreamed I had an affair with Ben Affleck.
I dreamed I was talking to Matt Damon and emerald-green mealworms were crawling out of his mouth and nose.
So this evening I went to see Argo; it turns out to have been Ben Affleck's story all along.

Right now there's blood all over my keyboard but I'm still typing
I mean typing is still happening
and the blood is getting sticky

1 comment: