A poem a day in April from Rutgers English PhD students and friends.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Offensive


I called everyone a bunch of pussies the other day
and I said sorry.  I am offensive
but I’m not sorry,
and I have to tell you
that sometimes
what I find offensive is polite conversation.
One time I was professional for five, maybe seven years
and it sucked.  But that’s my problem.    
And I realize that you are not a pussy.
I should not call you such a thing.
But could I call out the collective, just for shits? 
I don’t mean anything by it, I swear
except to say sometimes I want to call you out,
sometimes I want to level the whole thing out,
just for fun,
(also, why are dick and asshole any better?)
and I hope you’ll do the same for me.
Because I want to say that we are a bunch of pussies.
It’s fun.  Let’s be pussies together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment