A poem a day in April from Rutgers English PhD students and friends.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Reader Response

It's like those dreams where you're holding hands with some mannequin person, so desperate to find a corner where you can make out, in an alley or something, and you keep getting interrupted

It's like I can't even bear to read this poem, I'm so desperate to get out of this poem and go somewhere and write it

Lately I've just been reading those seafaring novels and watching GIRLS with my mom's hbogo login, I've been so sick and it's been so comforting, the language is really easy and nobody has children

Or if they have children they're like thousands of miles away, in a cottage, and maybe there are some midshipmen eating rats or whatever

Remember my mouth forming the words of "Letter in November"

I don't know if I even want to get that excited about a poem or a person ever again

It makes you feel young and happy but so helpless

The point of my degree was supposed to be mastery

Everybody keeps telling me to quit it with identification but otoh there's some good scholarship on identification lately so I feel authorized

Hi thanks for the permission to feel something

No comments:

Post a Comment