A poem a day in April from Rutgers English PhD students and friends.

Friday, April 12, 2013


Don’t go in J Crew. It’s too depressing.

Don’t go into Bloomingdale’s either.

Look for the hot guys. Look for yourself in the hot guys.

In the ice cream truck as it drives by.

We used to call the ice cream truck Charlie

cause that’s was the ice cream man’s name.

And also what they called the enemy in Vietnam.

When I choked on the cupcake, I whispered,

I’m dying. When the plane hit the tower,

my dad knew without knowing.

When a bomb explodes, it makes a sound.

At Bloomingdale’s all the women say,

keep me away from the cupcakes.

Keep the cupcakes away from me.

I was looking in all the windows.

The mannequin looked like you.

When you were sleeping, when you were leaving.

It looked like me too.

2 comments:

  1. Those lethal cupcakes!!! I'm excited about this poem. Look for yourself in the hot guys! Put in your dad! Put in the cupcakes! Choke on them! Wow!

    ReplyDelete